JUI-F’s Hafiz Hamdullah survives assassination attempt

CM Domki orders to shift injured of Killa Saifullah blast to Quetta for better care

0

By Sardar Khondai

CHAMAN: Senior Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) leader Hafiz Hamdullah on Wednesday survived an assassination attempt in Balochistan’s Chaman area.

In a statement, the police said unidentified assailants opened fire on Hafiz Hamdullah’s vehicle near Maizai Adda in Chaman. However, the suspects escaped after the JUI-F leader’s security retaliated with firing.

Meanwhile, the senior politician remained unhurt in the assassination attempt.

This was the second time JUI-F leader Hafiz Hamdullah came under attack as Pakistan witnessed a surge in terrorist activities, especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Balochistan, since the outlawed militant group Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan ended its ceasefire with the government in November 2022.

Earlier in Sep 2023, at least 11 people, including Hafiz Hamdullah, were injured in a blast in Balochistan’s Mastung district.

The bomb blast targeted Hamdullah’s vehicle in the Choto area, while he was going to Mangochar via Mastung Road. While no group took responsibility for the blast, the JUI-F has been a target of the Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP).

On Dec 31, 2023, JUI-F president Maulana Fazlur Rehman’s convoy came under attack in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Dera Ismail Khan. The veteran politician’s convoy was fired upon from multiple sides at Yarik interchange, the party’s spokesperson Mufti Abrar said.

Meanwhile: Caretaker CM has made telephonic contact with JUI-F candidate Maulana Abdul Wasay of PB-3 from Killa Saifullah and the Independent candidate of PB-47 from Pashin Asfandyar Khan Kakar.

He also inquired about the well-being of Maulana Abdul Wasay and Asfandyar Khan Kakar and expressed best wishes for them. The CM Domki condemned the incidents of terrorism that hit Pishin and Killa Saifullah and expressed deep sorrow over the loss of precious lives there. He said that directions have been issued to hospitals for better care of the seriously injured persons. He informed that strict instructions have been issued to the Home Department to further improve security in the provincial areas to avoid such incidents. He said that elements behind the blasts would be brought to justice.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.